Welcome to Charlotte County's GIS Interactive Website help document. This help document addresses an issue of user browser cache while navigating the Charlotte County GIS Website.
Issue: Search is non responsive or not fetching any results
Cause: We have updated the web component powering the search to serve you better. However, your browser is still remembering the old search component in its history or cache
How can I fix it?
Fix for this is emptying your browser's cache and hard refresh it. If you know how to do it, please do it immediately.
If you don't know how to do it, this document will try to help you.
How will I empty Cache and hard refresh my browser?
Easiest way: Force Refresh
Force reload of browser is the easiest way.
Open Charlotte County GIS Website in your browser. Keep that page open.
Next, you are going to refresh the page using keyboard shortcuts from the keyboard. Depending on your operating system all you need to do is press the following key combination in your keyboard:
Windows: ctrl + F5
Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R
Now you will see that the webpage has been refreshed. Now, check whether the Search is working as expected. If not, see next steps.
Empty Cache in Edge Browser
- Open GIS website in the EDGE
- Click F12 on your keyboard which will open developer tools in Edge [Do not close it- You can ignore that]
- Now, go back to Edge where the GIS website is displayed and right click on refresh button (see highlighted in yellow)
- You will see three options as a pull down menu. Left click on the option- "Empty Cache and hard refresh"
- Now, GIS website refreshes and you should be good to go with the search.
Empty Cache in Google Chrome Browser
The fastest way to get rid of the cache data in Google Chrome is the option "Clear Browser cache". You can access this function with the following shortcut:
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. Be sure you press all the keys at once.
- A new window opens: "Clear Browser cache".
- Here you can select in the upper dropdown-menu, for which time period you want to delete the cache data. You can select between "last hour", "last day", "last week", "last four weeks" or "all".
- If you want to delete all cache date, select "all".
- Check the box in front of "Images and Files in Cache".
- Submit your selection by clicking the "Delete Browser data" Button.
- Reload your site.
See Google help here
Empty Cache in Firefox Browser
See Mozilla help here
Empty Cache in Safari Browser
- Open the Safari menu in your menu bar, then go to Preferences.
- Under Advanced, click on the checkbox that says “Show Develop menu in menu bar”
- Now, there should not be a new “Develop” menu in the menu bar.
- Open that and click on “Empty Caches” towards the bottom.
- Refresh the page if it hasn’t already and try the search again.
See Apple help on how to remove cache from Safari in Mac here
See Apple help on how to clear cache from Apple devices here
Empty Cache in Android Mobile Devices
- Open your browser.
- Android browser: Go to Menu > More > Settings or Menu > Settings > Privacy & Security.
- Chrome: Go to Menu > Settings > Privacy.
- Android browser: Tap Clear cache, Clear history, and Clear all cookie data as appropriate.
- Chrome: Tap Clear browsing data at the bottom of the screen, leave the defaults selected (browsing history, cache, and cookies), then tap Clear.
See Google help here
! Important !: Internet Explorer is not supported
Microsoft has retired Internet Explorer as of June 15, 2022. So, we can not guarentee any support for IE which is in End of Life. See Microsoft announcement here